Precision Overhead Garage Door Openers of Lakeland, FL
Serving The Polk County Florida Area
½ HP Chain Drive
Call today and save!
May not be combined with any other offers or coupons.
Online Service Request
Precision Door Service provides expert opener repair as well. It may cost you less money to repair the motor. Give us a call and we'll let you know for sure.
Quickly Learn Which Garage Door Opener Is Best For You...
There are 3 Main Types of Openers:
Chain Driven Openers- Chain drives are slightly cheaper than belt drives. Chain drive openers tend to be noisy, so if your garage is located below or adjacent to the main rooms in your home, you don't want this opener. Chain drives run the garage door on its track by using a metal chain.
Belt Driven Openers- Belt drives are considered the "best" opener in the industry. They are very quiet, which is a big advantage they have over the chain drive. If your garage is attached to your home, this may be the only type of garage door opener you consider because so it is so much quieter.
Screw Driven Openers- Screw drive openers run on a threaded steel rod, as the threaded rod spins, the door goes up or down. These openers are sold in only in geographic areas where the weather and temperature is constant throughout the year. In areas with a wide range of temperature throughout the year, a screw drive opener will not perform well. Screw drive openers tend to be the slowest and least expensive opener you can buy.
You can listen to the difference in the video below:
Proper Garage Door Installation
Please watch this video to learn about the proper way a garage door should be installed!
Recommended Garage Door Openers For New Installation
8550 Elite Series DC Motor Belt Drive w/ Evercharge® Standby Power System
A rich, reliable opener designed to perform and built to last for years of smooth, trouble free operation. It is extremely quiet.
This garage door opener does something really great too... it works when the power goes out! The 8550 is the ultimate in garage door opener technology and convenience.
- Battery Backup system- Your door opens, even when the power is out.
- Timer to close feature- lets you choose to have the door automatically close after a pre-programmed number of minutes.
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Belt drive system is durable, ultra-quiet and maintenance-free.
- Whole garage lighting with dual side 200-watt CFL bulb-compatible design.
- Uses multiple frequencies simultaneously for near-zero interference.
- Wall Station: Provides door operation from the inside of your garage. Also includes an illuminated push-button and security vacation/lock switch so that your always protected.
- Wireless Keyless Entry System (WKES): Allows you to program your own 4-digit pin. It controls up to 3 different garage doors. Also provides temporary service for visitors.
- Offers a safety reversal system included with a warning (system lights flash) when contact is sensed or made with any object. EverCharge® Standby Power System Features:
- 12VDC battery is always charged and ready - no additional outlets are needed.
- Alerts you when in use - an audible signal tells you when the standby power system is operating.
- Safety and security features still operate - ensures your family is still protected in a power failure.
- Backup power will operate the garage door opener for 40 full cycles within a 24-hour period* (fully charged batteries at 72° F).
Linear 800 Newton DC Powered Garage Door Operator
The energy-efficient, DC-powered operator that runs at an ¾ HPS AC-equivalent speed. DC drive motor with soft-start and soft-stop for smooth, quiet, long-term reliable performance.
Efficient design results in ongoing energy savings.
- Ultra-Smooth and Quiet Operation. Variable speed operation delivers ultra-smooth, quiet performance, increasing long-term reliability.
- Safety First, Safety Always
If the obstacle-sensing beam is crossed when the door is closing, the door reverses to fully open.
- Park or Reverse Door
To permit both ventilation and access, the garage door can be stopped and parked during either upward or downward travel.
- Secure, Responsive Remote Control
Linear remote controls operate over a long range and employ high-security technology.
- Deluxe Wall Station
All controls are large, clearly marked and illuminated (door UP/DOWN control, courtesy light switch, and vacation mode).
- Automatic Courtesy Light
A built-in 100W MAX light illuminates the garage for five minutes every time the operator is used.
- Easy Door Release
When you need to open or close the garage door manually, simply release the operator's quick-disconnect trolley.
- Warranty This opener comes with a full warranty on the motor and the belt and the labor. If your motor has a problem, we're not going to just fix it. We're going to take it down and give you a brand new one. If you can find a motor with a better warranty- buy it!
Direct Drive Garage Door Openers
Linear Jackshaft Opener
The Linear Jackshaft Opener offers space-saving, wall-mounted design. Specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low, cathedral or obstructed ceilings. The Model MJ5011 is a 1/2 HP, 115-volt, door operator with floor level disconnect.
- 115 VAC, Single phase, 1/2 HP
- All steel frame
- 2 Year Warranty
Do not hesitate to call us today at any of our locations to learn more about our openers. We will be happy to answer any further questions .